Speaker is VP Engineering in AppsFlyer
It all starts with working together.
The term "DevOps" holds much more than just a new job description for operation people.
For us, it is a way of life.
We create our own flavour of DevOps organization, including system ownership, combined teams, tools and much more.
This will be our chance to share our good experience about how it can actually be done and why it might be good for you, your DevOps team and your business.
- AppsFlyer: More that 8,000,000,000 event per day.
- Good DevOps requires an organization-level decision.
- Ownership - who is responsible for the product including its operations?
- Blameless Environment or "Cake-driven Development"
- Monitoring is critical.
- Infrastucture level: Disk space, CPU, Network traffic
- Application level: Number of clicks, number of installs, organic, non-organic, etc.
- External: How external system and users can access the service.
- End-to-end testing to measure the User Experience at any given point in time.
- It is critical to be able to replace technology.
- Joined teams - or - "Everyone is DevOps"
- Release It by Michael T. Nygard
4 key things you can do
- Build monitoring into the system.
- Watch the DevOps team work for a few hours a day to understand how they work.
- Design the system together.
- Learn about your infrastructure.