So you are entering a new contract, or maybe it's just a new project you are being transferred to. How do you get up, going, and committing on your first day? How to identify the areas of the system that are risky or problematic? This session looks at tools and strategies to reach this goal coming from a speaker who regularly works for less than a week with a team and needs to provide value within that period of time.
- Source control
- Data mine your source control
- Finding the interesting part of your source code, finding where pain is.
- Afferent and Efferent coupling
- Afferent - coupling in (level of my responsibility)
- Efferent - coupling out (level of my dependance on other things)
- Low coupling and high cohision
- Software package metrics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_package_metrics
- Cyclomatic complexity
- How many tests cover a specific line of code.
- Risk analysis of source code
- Code coverage is meaningless and useless ????
Fear stops me from being productive. Remove fear!